- Exploiting the Potential of Additive Manufacturing in Filtration Media Designs
- Croft to Host Introduction to AM Course at World Filtration Conference 2020
- Going Global - The Explosive Growth of Craft Gin
- Why Manufacturing Needs to Invest in Ethical Supply Chains
- Tritiated Water Clean-up What Are the Options?
- Could a Wedge Wire Barrier Provide a Solution to Ocean Contamination?
- Why Manufacturing Needs More Female Employees
- The 8 Skills You Need To Kickstart Your Career in Manufacturing
- Millennials and Gen Z Who Are They and What Do They Mean for Your Manufacturing Business?
- Croft Filters: Looking to Inspire the Industry Professionals of the Future
- Does Wellbeing Have a Place In Manufacturing?
- Why Lifelong Learning is the Key to Closing the Skills Gap in 2020
- Is It a Record? No, Its Competition Time!
- Could Using Cloud Technology Benefit Your Manufacturing Company?
- Why Optimising Your Customer Experience is Critical To Success
- Wire In The Blood
- The Importance of Maintaining Filtration Systems
- What do Filters and Halloween Have in Common?
- Shaping The Future of Filtration
- How to Improve Your Sales Process in 5 Easy Steps
- The Next Generation - Why Collaboration is Critical for the Future of Manufacturing
- Industry 4.0 Is Here Is Your Company Ready?
- Perforated Infill Panels vs. Glass A Discussion
- Croft In the USA: Were Here to Serve the States
- Introducing Our Award-Winning Quick Release Filters
- 3D Printing: Whats Really Possible?
- How the Future of Manufacturing is Going from Strength to Strength
- 3D Printing State of the Nation - Latest News
- Tee strainers, Leaf strainers, Pleats, Knitted and Witches Hats
- Exploring Backflush Filtering with Croft Filters
- Refurbishing a Sea Water Corroded Hammerhead Filter: Possible or Not?
- What Do Croft and Amazon Have in Common? A Customer-Centric Focus
- Made Here Now and the Future of Manufacturing
- 5 Reasons Why the 13th World Filtration Congress is a Must Attend
- Cracking the Case of Filters for Easter in the Food Industry
- Throw Away Filters:
To Be or Not to Be?
- Oil, Gas, Food, Pharmaceuticals:
Whats the Connection?
- New application for HiFlux Auto-line self-cleaning liquid filters
(hygienic design) yields substantial savings
- 3 Reasons Why Customer Service
Isnt Just Lip Service
- Why You Can Access
Brexit Or No Brexit
- How a Bespoke Filter
Solution Cut Costs and
- Reasons why collaboration
between industry and universities is
vital to the manufacturing sector
- Why you need
bespoke inline strainers
- I\m a bug....
get me into here
- Hi Ho Silver Lining
Soldering at its best
- Sophie's 3D Metal
- Hat Trick award
for Croft employee
- 10 Years in the Cloud
- Filter with a different Duty
- Filters For A World Tour
- Filter Helps Test Subsea Pipelines
- 'Waste not want not' - Croft help with recycle process
- Micro Breweries are Flavour of the Month!
- Croft on track with F1 team
- Croft employee
Oil, Gas, Food, Pharmaceuticals:
Whats the Connection?
The industries for oil and gas production, food and beverages and even pharmaceuticals dont seem to have any obvious connection at first glance. However, none of these sectors would be able to function correctly without the use of high-quality filters.
Its easy to take filtration for granted, but without a system to clean, preserve and protect the critical machinery used in a range of crucial fields, we wouldnt have the essentials we rely upon today. In a world without filters, everything from reliable power to medicine and clean water would be difficult to find.
The right filtration system is essential to protecting equipment and preventing contamination by removing potentially harmful particles from your industrial environments. Lets take a look at the filtration needs of 3 of the worlds most important fields.
Filtration for Chemical, Oil and Gas Companies
Croft has been working with experts in the chemical, oil and gas industries for years now. We know first-hand, just how vital the right baskets, sieves, and screens are to defending the machinery in this sector. Separating, treating, and properly disposing of water produced by chemical, gas and oil refineries is one of the most challenging dilemmas facing the industry today.
Just some of the filters that companies in this area rely on include:
Inlet gas separation filters: Gas needs to be processed to remove solid and liquid contaminants before amine sweetening. Usually, this involves using multiple particulate filters, blends, and multi-stage separators.
Produced water filtration: The contaminated water produced during industrial operation requires significant filtration for reuse or disposal. The industry relies on cyclones, degassers, and even polishing filtration for this purpose.
Coarse filtration: The use of coarse filtration is a critical step in protecting oil and gas machinery further downstream. The filters remove bulk contaminants including seashell, silt and sand fragments during processing.
Glycol Dehydration: Common problems with glycol dehydration usually trace back to excessive solid and liquid contaminants in the processing stream. Polypropylene and nylon filters ensure better outcomes for our clients.
Guard and fine filtration: Removing even the finest particles from the water to be injected into gas and oil machines is crucial to protecting your equipment investments.
Filtration for Food and Beverage Businesses
Preventing contamination is crucial in any industry, particularly the food and beverage sector. This is a space with some of the strictest standards for hygiene in the world, which means that specially designed filters are crucial to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness. At Croft, we have created a range of unique filtration solutions specifically for the food and beverage space. With screens, baskets, and strainers deployed in a range of materials and sizes, we can help companies from all across the food and beverage environment, including:
Winemakers who need filter devices to remove organisms responsible for spoilage and flavour-harming particulates. These filters preserve taste and colour while eliminating unwanted debris.
Brewers and beer producers in search of critical filtration systems to keep the desired elements of a beer and remove the unwanted parts, including leftover hops, barley, and yeast.
Natural food producers who want to extend the shelf life of fruit juices and preserve their flavours without artificial ingredients. The right sterilising filtration systems lead to a better reputation for brands, and improved experiences for customers.
Soft drink companies that need a number of filters for everything from water treatment to the removal of bacteria. Filters are often used for storage tanks, container wash water, and even the gasses required to carbonate beverages.
Filtration for the Pharmaceuticals Sector
Even the pharmaceutical sector relies on filtration. At Croft, we have spent years supporting the companies that deliver medicines to our communities, both in Europe and beyond. Our high-quality sieves preserve crucial specifications within pharmaceuticals while eliminating dangerous contaminants. In the medical world, separation and filtration processes are critical to ensure that products remain safe for patients, and to stop companies from losing valuable products to waste. From research through to production, the pharmaceutical industry needs to adhere to the highest standards. Often, their filtration needs involve:
The filtration of products during biopharmaceutical production, including buffer preparation, bioreactor support, and cell culture harvesting.
Solvent filtration in the development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, and the blending of various combined substances to produce a final medical compound.
Autoclave vent filtration to prevent external contamination to the final product. Along with prefiltration of ingredients for the removal of solid impurities and undissolved particles.
Bioburden minimisation for the reduction of bacteria or particles allowed to reach the final filtration stage, and sterile filtration of the final product.
Sterile water-for-injection filtered before use for diluting and dissolving drugs for blending and mixing.
Sterile filtration of gas for fermentation and aeration purposes during medical substance production.
No matter the industry, we can produce the custom, bespoke, and unique filters required to keep your business sterile and safe. Contact Croft Filters today to find out more about your filter options.