- Exploiting the Potential of Additive Manufacturing in Filtration Media Designs
- Croft to Host Introduction to AM Course at World Filtration Conference 2020
- Going Global - The Explosive Growth of Craft Gin
- Why Manufacturing Needs to Invest in Ethical Supply Chains
- Tritiated Water Clean-up Ė What Are the Options?
- Could a Wedge Wire Barrier Provide a Solution to Ocean Contamination?
- Why Manufacturing Needs More Female Employees
- The 8 Skills You Need To Kickstart Your Career in Manufacturing
- Millennials and Gen Z Ė Who Are They and What Do They Mean for Your Manufacturing Business?
- Croft Filters: Looking to Inspire the Industry Professionals of the Future
- Does Wellbeing Have a Place In Manufacturing?
- Why Lifelong Learning is the Key to Closing the Skills Gap in 2020
- Is It a Record? No, Itís Competition Time!
- Could Using Cloud Technology Benefit Your Manufacturing Company?
- Why Optimising Your Customer Experience is Critical To Success
- Wire In The Blood
- The Importance of Maintaining Filtration Systems
- What do Filters and Halloween Have in Common?
- Shaping The Future of Filtration
- How to Improve Your Sales Process in 5 Easy Steps
- The Next Generation - Why Collaboration is Critical for the Future of Manufacturing
- Industry 4.0 Is Here Ė Is Your Company Ready?
- Perforated Infill Panels vs. Glass Ė A Discussion
- Croft In the USA: Were Here to Serve the States
- Introducing Our Award-Winning Quick Release Filters
- 3D Printing: Whats Really Possible?
- How the Future of Manufacturing is Going from Strength to Strength
- 3D Printing State of the Nation - Latest News
- Tee strainers, Leaf strainers, Pleats, Knitted and Witches Hats
- Exploring Backflush Filtering with Croft Filters
- Refurbishing a Sea Water Corroded Hammerhead Filter: Possible or Not?
- What Do Croft and Amazon Have in Common? A Customer-Centric Focus
- Made Here Now and the Future of Manufacturing
- 5 Reasons Why the 13th World Filtration Congress is a Must Attend
- Cracking the Case of Filters for Easter in the Food Industry
- Throw Away Filters:
To Be or Not to Be?
- Oil, Gas, Food, Pharmaceuticals:
Whats the Connection?
- New application for HiFlux Auto-line self-cleaning liquid filters
(hygienic design) yields substantial savings
- 3 Reasons Why Customer Service
Isnt Just Lip Service
- Why You Can Access
Brexit Or No Brexit
- How a Bespoke Filter
Solution Cut Costs and
- Reasons why collaboration
between industry and universities is
vital to the manufacturing sector
- Why you need
bespoke inline strainers
- I\m a bug....
get me into here
- Hi Ho Silver Lining
Soldering at its best
- Sophie's 3D Metal
- Hat Trick award
for Croft employee
- 10 Years in the Cloud
- Filter with a different Duty
- Filters For A World Tour
- Filter Helps Test Subsea Pipelines
- 'Waste not want not' - Croft help with recycle process
- Micro Breweries are Flavour of the Month!
- Croft on track with F1 team
- Croft employee
The Importance of Maintaining Filtration Systems
Y-Strainers take their name from their shape. They are the devices that mechanically remove unwanted solids from steam, gas or liquid lines, usually pressurised, utilising a perforated or wire mesh strainer. They can also be used in vacuum or suction conditions.
The Benefits of Y Filters
Y strainers help the efficiency of everything from pumps to control valves, traps to regulators, and help protect other sensitive equipment from damage, thus increasing the longevity of your downstream apparatus. Occasionally, filters can go missing during maintenance. Although clean-out should only be needed infrequently, when a blockage does occur itís often the case that the filter can be found to be damaged or it can go missing during the maintenance process. It could be that your operative has taken out a filter to clean it and forgotten to put it back in place: imagine that the machine suddenly backs up in the middle of a night shift. The filter is quickly removed and cleaned, but the operative forgets to replace it. Itís easy to forget about it as the machine is now going to flow easily of course Ė thanks to lack of filter. But itís not good news for the pipes and equipment long term! Removing filtration elements and leaving your filter housing without filtration in place means your machine will not perform as well and could result in damage to equipment further down the line.
Why Good Filtration Is Important for Efficiency
The elements in your Y strainers ensure that your equipment keep running at peak performance without any concern of damage This means greater productivity, less downtime and a smoother and more efficient service for your customers. So, itís worthwhile keeping your filtration system working efficiently. And to avoid having missing or damaged strainers, itís also good practice to ensure your company keeps a stock of spares. This is where Croft Filters can help you.
How Croft Can Help
Here at Croft Filters, we pride ourselves on being a leading manufacturer of bespoke filters, with over three decades of experience in our industry. Over the years, weve helped companies from countless backgrounds solve their filtration challenges - no matter how complex. Our commitment to creating highly bespoke and customised filters means that were always ready to address any problem our customers might have and help them improve their productivity and efficiency as a result. As specialists in custom filtration, we can manufacture a wide range of replacement elements. We understand that filtration requirements vary significantly from one industry to the next. Consequently, we are continuously investing in the latest tools, technology and even the future generations of manufacturing talent to ensure our service is second to none for our customers. So, if you have filters that need replacing, or would like spares, we can help you. If you require a bespoke match, we can work from photographs and dimensions of your existing filters to quickly provide you with new ones. Additionally, if you are moving into the production of different products, we can manufacture alternative sieving size filters to accommodate your new product. We can turn around orders quickly and efficiently and can tackle the demand s of our customers, whatever they may be, so whether you need a state-of-the-art filter, our award-winning quick-release filters (designed to support filtration in any pipe) or something bespoke, were always happy to help. Our customer base covers the pharmaceutical industry, power generation, food and beverage, oil and gas and many other sectors, so you can rely on Croft to have the knowledge and expertise to help you make the most of your filtration strategy. With our state-of-the-art tools, award-winning custom filter options and additive manufacturing knowledge, were always on hand to help you accomplish your goals for a more efficient and productive business. Ready to invest in your filter system? Contact Croft Filters today!