- The Importance of Maintaining Filtration Systems
- What do Filters and Halloween Have in Common?
- Shaping The Future of Filtration
- How to Improve Your Sales Process in 5 Easy Steps
- The Next Generation - Why Collaboration is Critical for the Future of Manufacturing
- Industry 4.0 Is Here – Is Your Company Ready?
- Perforated Infill Panels vs. Glass – A Discussion
- Croft In the USA: Were Here to Serve the States
- Introducing Our Award-Winning Quick Release Filters
- 3D Printing: Whats Really Possible?
- How the Future of Manufacturing is Going from Strength to Strength
- 3D Printing State of the Nation - Latest News
- Tee strainers, Leaf strainers, Pleats, Knitted and Witches Hats
- Exploring Backflush Filtering with Croft Filters
- Refurbishing a Sea Water Corroded Hammerhead Filter: Possible or Not?
- What Do Croft and Amazon Have in Common? A Customer-Centric Focus
- Made Here Now and the Future of Manufacturing
- 5 Reasons Why the 13th World Filtration Congress is a Must Attend
- Cracking the Case of Filters for Easter in the Food Industry
- Throw Away Filters:
To Be or Not to Be?
- Oil, Gas, Food, Pharmaceuticals:
Whats the Connection?
- New application for HiFlux Auto-line self-cleaning liquid filters
(hygienic design) yields substantial savings
- 3 Reasons Why Customer Service
Isnt Just Lip Service
- Why You Can Access
Brexit Or No Brexit
- How a Bespoke Filter
Solution Cut Costs and
- Reasons why collaboration
between industry and universities is
vital to the manufacturing sector
- Why you need
bespoke inline strainers
- I\m a bug....
get me into here
- Hi Ho Silver Lining
Soldering at its best
- Sophie's 3D Metal
- Hat Trick award
for Croft employee
- 10 Years in the Cloud
- Filter with a different Duty
- Filters For A World Tour
- Filter Helps Test Subsea Pipelines
- 'Waste not want not' - Croft help with recycle process
- Micro Breweries are Flavour of the Month!
- Croft on track with F1 team
- Croft employee
How a Bespoke Filter
Solution Cut Costs
and Increased Productivity
At Croft Filters, our custom filtration solutions allow us to help companies from a range of industries to achieve incredible cost-savings, productivity boosts and more. We know that filtration requirements can vary drastically depending on your sector and operations, which is why we believe that its crucial to give modern businesses access to the bespoke filters they need. For example, when Derbyshire-based business Forbo Flooring came to us in search of a filter for their flooring and carpet supplier production line, we delivered a design tailored to their needs. Forbo Flooring needed an innovative filter solution that would enhance their nylon treatment process and separate the nylon flock from the treatment solution draining back to the holding sump. Our design reduced Forbos wasted flock to only 20kg for every 12,000 kg processed, saving up to £30,420 in material per year, and reducing production stoppages by 50%.
Filtering Out Productivity Losses
The custom filtration system that we built for Forbo Flooring will provide the business with a cost-saving and productivity-boosting solution for years to come. Because the production line is less likely to experience faults and breakdowns, staff members can continue to perform at their best, without additional health and safety risks. Whats more, machine operatives had to stop production up to 3 times a week to clear the scrap flock from the drainage system by hand. Employee productivity is crucial for any organisation. According to the 2017 unplanned downtime survey, most companies face an average of at least 2 episodes per year. Unfortunately, the cost of downtime in every sector is growing. Between 2014 and 2016, Aberdeen research found that the expenses associated with lost productivity had risen by 59%. Downtime harms a business through lost productivity, but it can also lead to lost revenue and problems with the reputation of a brand. The more errors a company faces, the less professional it looks to its customers and suppliers. A custom Croft filter allowed Forbo Flooring to overcome these issues.
Improving Sustainability for Forbo Flooring
The reduction of waste on the production floor is another major benefit that Forbo Flooring saw when they implemented their custom Croft filter. Previously, inefficient options had allowed too much flock into the sump, which meant that up to 150 kg of material was lost for every 12,000kg processed. Today, were living in a world where people are more concerned with sustainability than ever. According to a Nielsen global study, even though Millennials are emerging into the market during one of the most difficult economic climates, theyre still willing to pay more for environmentally-friendly products. Whats more, brands with a reputation for environmental support have a better opportunity to earn market share. When Forbo Flooring turned to us for a bespoke filtration system, they knew they would receive a more effective solution, as well as something more environmentally friendly. Croft Filters regularly engage in eco-friendly campaigns, like our Croft Interchange strategy to boost sustainability. By manufacturing filters to the strict standards of the application in question, we boosted product line efficiency for Forbo Flooring and eliminated as much waste as possible too.
The Custom Croft Strategy for Filtration
Filtration is a crucial component of any manufacturing process, no matter the industry. Since every business has its own requirements and demands regarding filtration, Croft believes in providing the highest-quality custom solutions to our customers. Thats why we specialise in delivering state-of-the-art bespoke filters. Every filter product we create is designed to meet the needs of our customers. With Forbo Flooring, we knew that we needed to find a way for them to enhance their product line efficiency and improve cost savings as quickly as possible. When we spoke with the Flock shift supervisor of Forbo Flooring, Chris Weightman, after they had implemented their new filter system, he told us that the company had chosen to work with Croft because of our reputation for engineering excellence. According to Chris, the custom filter was "ideal" for Forbo Floorings needs, and reduced waste, while significantly boosting the efficiency of the production process. "The new filter is outstanding." Today, Forbo Flooring has already begun speaking to us about adding further filtration solutions to other sections of their production line.