- WFC13 is Getting Closer Are You In?
- China Crisis? The Effect of Coronavirus on Global Supply Chains
- A Picture Paints a 1000 Words
- Exploiting the Potential of Additive Manufacturing in Filtration Media Designs
- Croft to Host Introduction to AM Course at World Filtration Conference 2020
- Going Global - The Explosive Growth of Craft Gin
- Why Manufacturing Needs to Invest in Ethical Supply Chains
- Tritiated Water Clean-up – What Are the Options?
- Could a Wedge Wire Barrier Provide a Solution to Ocean Contamination?
- Why Manufacturing Needs More Female Employees
- The 8 Skills You Need To Kickstart Your Career in Manufacturing
- Millennials and Gen Z – Who Are They and What Do They Mean for Your Manufacturing Business?
- Croft Filters: Looking to Inspire the Industry Professionals of the Future
- Does Wellbeing Have a Place In Manufacturing?
- Why Lifelong Learning is the Key to Closing the Skills Gap in 2020
- Is It a Record? No, It’s Competition Time!
- Could Using Cloud Technology Benefit Your Manufacturing Company?
- Why Optimising Your Customer Experience is Critical To Success
- Wire In The Blood
- The Importance of Maintaining Filtration Systems
- What do Filters and Halloween Have in Common?
- Shaping The Future of Filtration
- How to Improve Your Sales Process in 5 Easy Steps
- The Next Generation - Why Collaboration is Critical for the Future of Manufacturing
- Industry 4.0 Is Here – Is Your Company Ready?
- Perforated Infill Panels vs. Glass – A Discussion
- Croft In the USA: Were Here to Serve the States
- Introducing Our Award-Winning Quick Release Filters
- 3D Printing: Whats Really Possible?
- How the Future of Manufacturing is Going from Strength to Strength
- 3D Printing State of the Nation - Latest News
- Tee strainers, Leaf strainers, Pleats, Knitted and Witches Hats
- Exploring Backflush Filtering with Croft Filters
- Refurbishing a Sea Water Corroded Hammerhead Filter: Possible or Not?
- What Do Croft and Amazon Have in Common? A Customer-Centric Focus
- Made Here Now and the Future of Manufacturing
- 5 Reasons Why the 13th World Filtration Congress is a Must Attend
- Cracking the Case of Filters for Easter in the Food Industry
- Throw Away Filters:
To Be or Not to Be?
- Oil, Gas, Food, Pharmaceuticals:
Whats the Connection?
- New application for HiFlux Auto-line self-cleaning liquid filters
(hygienic design) yields substantial savings
- 3 Reasons Why Customer Service
Isnt Just Lip Service
- Why You Can Access
Brexit Or No Brexit
- How a Bespoke Filter
Solution Cut Costs and
- Reasons why collaboration
between industry and universities is
vital to the manufacturing sector
- Why you need
bespoke inline strainers
- I\m a bug....
get me into here
- Hi Ho Silver Lining
Soldering at its best
- Sophie's 3D Metal
- Hat Trick award
for Croft employee
- 10 Years in the Cloud
- Filter with a different Duty
- Filters For A World Tour
- Filter Helps Test Subsea Pipelines
- 'Waste not want not' - Croft help with recycle process
- Micro Breweries are Flavour of the Month!
- Croft on track with F1 team
- Croft employee
What do Filters and Halloween Have in Common?
Well, it won’t have slipped your notice that it’s nearly that time of year for ghosts, ghouls and all things spooky. If I told you that here at Croft Filters we have a range of witches hats you wouldn’t think we’d moved into costume manufacturing – in fact, witches hat filters are one of our best-sellers (and not just at Halloween).
Higher Strength and Rigidity
Witches hat filters are primarily used to provide a filtering layer that removes solids suspended in water, oil and adhesive resin. They are used in systems for softening, desalination, water filtration and water pre-treatment, as well as less-demanding industrial water supply and oil fine filtration equipment. Witches hat filters can be composed of layers of wire cloth to create a filter material with higher strength and rigidity. The multilayer meshes form an ideal uniform filtration structure, and the material and construction maximise the flow area, effectively reducing resistance and ensuring reliable operation.
Suitable For a Wide Variety of Applications
As a specialist producer of witches hat filters, Croft Filters can manufacture them for a wide variety of applications. In stainless Steel 316, we can make them with a pore size as small as 1 micron, using a single mesh or several meshes to achieve the required micron rating.
The Benefits of Additive Manufacturing
Metal Additive Manufacturing, also known as Metal Additive Layer Manufacturing (MALM) uses a process of laying metal powder on a bed and using a computer-controlled laser to melt and fuse the metal at the required points. After the process, the excess powder is removed and recycled, with the remaining solid metal remaining in the desired form. The critical advantage of using Additive Manufacturing is that it provides us with the ability to enhance the design of a part in ways previously not attainable. Additive manufacturing gives Croft Filters the ability to graduate metal thicknesses to give strength only where it is required, produce internal features and intimately produce assemblies or finished products in a single production cycle for all our filters – not just witches’ hats.
Can We Help You?
Here at Croft Filters, we pride ourselves on being a leading manufacturer of bespoke filters, with over three decades of experience in our industry. We have helped companies from many industry sectors solve their filtration challenges - no matter how complex. Our commitment to creating highly bespoke and customised filters means that were always ready to address any problem our customers might have and help them improve their productivity and efficiency. As specialists in custom filtration, were always ready to tackle the latest demands of our new and loyal customers - no matter what they may need from us. Thats why were continuously investing in the latest tools, technology and even the future generations of manufacturing talent. Whether youre in the pharmaceutical industry, power generation, food and beverage, oil and gas, or a range of other sectors, you can rely on Croft to help you make the most of your filtration strategy. With many years’ experience and our comprehensive knowledge, we’ve proved ourselves time and again to be leading suppliers of high-quality, reliable solutions to meet each customer’s precise needs. If you would like to know more about our off the shelf and bespoke services, or have an idea that cannot be manufactured using conventional techniques, contact us today!