- Croft Filters: Looking to Inspire the Industry Professionals of the Future
- Is It a Record? No, It’s Competition Time!
- Could Using Cloud Technology Benefit Your Manufacturing Company?
- Why Optimising Your Customer Experience is Critical To Success
- Wire In The Blood
- The Importance of Maintaining Filtration Systems
- What do Filters and Halloween Have in Common?
- Shaping The Future of Filtration
- How to Improve Your Sales Process in 5 Easy Steps
- The Next Generation - Why Collaboration is Critical for the Future of Manufacturing
- Industry 4.0 Is Here – Is Your Company Ready?
- Perforated Infill Panels vs. Glass – A Discussion
- Croft In the USA: Were Here to Serve the States
- Introducing Our Award-Winning Quick Release Filters
- 3D Printing: Whats Really Possible?
- How the Future of Manufacturing is Going from Strength to Strength
- 3D Printing State of the Nation - Latest News
- Tee strainers, Leaf strainers, Pleats, Knitted and Witches Hats
- Exploring Backflush Filtering with Croft Filters
- Refurbishing a Sea Water Corroded Hammerhead Filter: Possible or Not?
- What Do Croft and Amazon Have in Common? A Customer-Centric Focus
- Made Here Now and the Future of Manufacturing
- 5 Reasons Why the 13th World Filtration Congress is a Must Attend
- Cracking the Case of Filters for Easter in the Food Industry
- Throw Away Filters:
To Be or Not to Be?
- Oil, Gas, Food, Pharmaceuticals:
Whats the Connection?
- New application for HiFlux Auto-line self-cleaning liquid filters
(hygienic design) yields substantial savings
- 3 Reasons Why Customer Service
Isnt Just Lip Service
- Why You Can Access
Brexit Or No Brexit
- How a Bespoke Filter
Solution Cut Costs and
- Reasons why collaboration
between industry and universities is
vital to the manufacturing sector
- Why you need
bespoke inline strainers
- I\m a bug....
get me into here
- Hi Ho Silver Lining
Soldering at its best
- Sophie's 3D Metal
- Hat Trick award
for Croft employee
- 10 Years in the Cloud
- Filter with a different Duty
- Filters For A World Tour
- Filter Helps Test Subsea Pipelines
- 'Waste not want not' - Croft help with recycle process
- Micro Breweries are Flavour of the Month!
- Croft on track with F1 team
- Croft employee
Exploring Backflush Filtering with Croft Filters
Keeping an industrial plant running smoothly is no easy feat.
Whether youre in the pharmaceutical, power generation, or food and beverage industry, many parts of your business need to run correctly at all times. If one thing doesnt run properly - even something as small as a filter - it can throw your entire production line off balance. According to research conducted by OneServe, downtime is a serious detriment to productivity in the workplace. Around 3% of all working days are lost each year because of downtime, equating to around £31,000 in lost revenue per incident. Recently, the team at Croft Filters invested in a new state-of-the-art laser cutting system. This new machine means that we can produce customised filters for our clients faster in-house, as well as creating more advanced tools to reduce the impact of downtime.
Investing in the Fight Against Downtime
Many of the filtering solutions that our clients rely upon today use in-and-out technology. This simply means that water and other substances move through the filter, allowing for debris and dirt to be captured by a carefully constructed metal cage. These filters work very well for a time, providing the consistency in results that todays companies need. However, they do eventually need to be removed and cleaned so that the debris captured by the system doesnt clog the operating mechanisms. Unfortunately, its difficult to predict when a filter needs to be removed and maintained. This means that many plants experience unexpected downtime when their system suddenly stops working due to a clog. Thanks to our investment in a new in-house laser cutting machine, Croft Filters can now produce backwashing filters, which can keep unplanned downtime to a minimum.
How the Backwashing Principle Works
When a filter clogs, usually the only option is to remove the component from its machine and clean it thoroughly. This means shutting down the entire workflow for a time. For most manufacturers, downtime is the single greatest source of lost production time and income. The biggest expense usually comes from unplanned downtime. Unfortunately, 82% of companies have experienced unexpected disruptions over the last few years. Generally, most companies will know that their filters will eventually need to be cleaned, regardless of their capabilities. However, using our advanced laser cutting service, we can create durable and robust backwashing systems that allow for water to be pumped back through the filter. This form of preventative maintenance shakes up the inside of the filter cage, dislodging clogs, and allowing the machine to operate for longer. The backwashing process means that companies can complete a project before they need to remove and clean the filter. It may even be possible to wait until the end of the production day to perform maintenance, which makes the downtime as inexpensive as possible.
Designing Backwash Filters
The backwash filters that were designing at Croft reduce the expensive interruptions that companies encounter when their systems unexpectedly clog and fail. You can extend the longevity of your filter temporarily and schedule your downtime for a more appropriate period. In the past, we wouldnt have been able to produce backwash filters, as they require exceptional strength and high-level material cutting. However, because we recently invested in our new laser cutting machine, we now have the resources needed to produce state-of-the-art filters that were impossible for us to create before. Our new laser cutting technology allows us to offer high-quality products faster. The investment also means that we can bring more diversity and flexibility to our manufacturing process, using more robust materials that wont be crushed or damaged by the significant pressure of a backwashing system. Our advanced laser cutter can cut through virtually any material, from the thinnest materials to the most durable alloy. This gives us the freedom we need to continue producing incredible bespoke filters for a range of applications.
Services to Suit You
In the past, we relied on sub-contracting laser cutting so that we could serve our customers. Now, with our new investment, we can produce even the most advanced filter systems in-house. That means that you get the results you need faster, and you can explore a wider range of filtration opportunities too. In any environment, filters need to be properly maintained, with regular cleaning to remove particulates and debris. However, an effective backwashing filter will allow you to get more time out of your machines and reduce the risk of unplanned downtime. With our help, you can get rid of the costly disruptions that might be hampering your workflow, and make sure that maintenance happens at a time that suits your schedule. To find out more about what Croft filters can do to protect and preserve your machinery with state-of-the-art filters, contact our team today.